Our season schedule contains the audition and performance dates for our six mainstage shows. We will post more details at least two weeks in advance of each audition.
Unless otherwise specified on the audition page, auditions are as follows:
- Auditions are on a Sunday and Monday at 7:00pm. The doors will open at 6:30.
- Auditioners only need to attend one day but may attend both. Wear comfortable clothing and shoes. No prior experience or resume is required.
- When you arrive, please fill out an audition form including contact information, prior experience (if any), expected rehearsal conflicts, and desired roles.
- A prepared piece is not required.
- After the two nights of auditions, callbacks will usually not be necessary.
- Every auditioner will be notified by phone of their result, before the full cast list is announced publicly.
- Surfside does not precast roles... ever.
Auditions will consist of:
Musicals & Non-Musicals
Cold readings from the script
Each auditioneer will be taught a 30 second selection of music from the show
Each auditioneer will be taught a15 second dance / staged movement routine
Robin Hood FracturedA Farce with MusicWritten by Bryan Bergeron
Auditions Sunday and Monday, May 5 and 6, 7:00 pm
Maid Marian Playing 20s or 30s Female Not your typical lady in distress. Cheerful and capable.
Beatrice Playing 40’s to 60s Female Marian’s Aunt
Sissy Playing 15 – 20 Female Marion’s Hand maiden
The Sheriff Playing 30 to 55 Male The heavy, the bad guy , etc
GILL Playing Adult Male A real scaredy-cat of a soldier
Hagard Playing Adult Male Another soldier, not so scared but a bit dim
Bits Playing 15 to 25 Non Specific Another soldier, bossy but really small
Robin Hood Playing 20 to 45 Male Must look good in tights, yes…from the back too
Much the Millers son Playing Adult Male Scientific and Scholarly, Not much common sense
Little John Playing Adult Male Shy and mountainous
Will Scarlet Playing Adult Male Handsome lady’s man (or so he thinks)
Rambo Playing Adult Female Warrior / Puts the Kink in the Merry “Men”
Alan A’Dale Playing Adult Male Narrator , Baritone/Tenor
Friar/Sister Tuck Playing 30 to 60 Non Specific Not So Friar Like. Really enjoys his/her food and drink
The Little Tucks Playing ages 10 – 13 Non Specific Friar/Sister Tucks in Training
Prince John Playing 40 – 50s Male The guy in charge while the kings away, Another bad guy
Eldritch Playing Adult Non Specific The fool, Court Jester, possibly a spy?
Queen Eleanor Playing 60s to 70s Female Prince John’s Mother, Meow!
Master Cruick Playing Adult Male President of the Chamber of Commerce
Mrs Cruick Playing Adult Female The wifely Boss of Mr. Cruick
Miller Playing Adult Non Specific A Chamber Devote
Skrank Playing Adult Non Specific A Local Thief who fits in well with the Chamber gang
Small Ensemble All Ages Non Specific Towns People
Watch this space for upcoming auditions, or let us notify you of all our auditions and events by:
- following us on Facebook