Our season schedule contains the audition and performance dates for our six mainstage shows. We will post more details at least two weeks in advance of each audition.
Unless otherwise specified on the audition page, auditions are as follows:
- Auditions are on a Sunday and Monday at 7:00pm. The doors will open at 6:30.
- Auditioners only need to attend one day but may attend both. Wear comfortable clothing and shoes. No prior experience or resume is required.
- When you arrive, please fill out an audition form including contact information, prior experience (if any), expected rehearsal conflicts, and desired roles.
- A prepared piece is not required.
- After the two nights of auditions, callbacks will usually not be necessary.
- Every auditioner will be notified by phone of their result, before the full cast list is announced publicly.
- Surfside does not precast roles... ever.
Auditions will consist of:
Musicals & Non-Musicals
Cold readings from the script
Each auditioneer will be taught a 30 second selection of music from the show
Each auditioneer will be taught a15 second dance / staged movement routine
Dates & Character Lists
Auditions July 29 & 30 at 7PM
Show Dates: 9/14 through 9/23
CHARLES CONDOMINE: In his forties, Charles is an intelligent and urbane English novelist. Charles is the husband of Ruth Condomine and deceased first wife, Elvira.
RUTH CONDOMINE: A smart looking woman in her mid-thirties, Ruth is the wife of Charles. She is a bit jealous of Charles's relationship with his first wife.
DR. BRADMAN: A pleasant-looking middle-aged man, Dr. Bradman is a friend of the Condomines.
MRS. BRADMAN: The wife of Dr. Bradman, Mrs. Bradman is middle-aged and a bit faded.
MADAME ARCATI: A middle-aged spiritualist, Madame Arcati is a striking woman. She is not too extravagant but has a definite bias towad the barbaric.
ELVIRA: Charles Condomine's deceased first wife, Elvira returns as a ghost with a goal. In the process, she makes Charles's and Ruth's lives very complicated.
EDITH: The Condomine's maid, Edith is always in a hurry.
For more information, call director Bryan Bergeron @ 321-394-1956
Watch this space for upcoming auditions, or let us notify you of all our auditions and events by:
- following us on Facebook