Surfside Playhouse Development Manager
$24,000 a year plus expenses – Independent Contractor
$24,000 a year
- Fundraising: 2 years (Required)
- Microsoft Office: 1 year (Required)
- Grant writing: 2 years (Preferred)
- Event planning: 1 year (Required)
- Driver’s License (Required)
- Brevard County Resident (Preferred)
Full Job Description : Development Manager
Position Description: Surfside Playhouse is a non-profit organization, a Community Theater seeks an experienced Development Manager with substantial fundraising and leadership experience, with a proven track record of strategic fundraising and meeting challenging goals. The Development Manager is a Part-time senior level position working directly with the Surfside Governing Board to plan, create strategies, and administer comprehensive fundraising initiatives to support the theater mission and budgetary goals. The Development Manager will be responsible for leading the theater fundraising efforts which includes special events, direct mail appeals, annual campaigns, grants, major gifts, planned giving and donor cultivation. The ideal candidate will have demonstrated success in building and maintaining strategic relationships; a proven track record of soliciting, closing, and stewarding major gifts of $10,000 or more; and the ability to create effective high quality funding proposals.
Organization Mission: Surfside Playhouse is a community theatre dedicated to the performing arts through productions, presentations, education and outreach.
SURFSIDE PLAYERS, INC. IS A 501 (c)(3) NON-PROFIT ORGANIZATION
- Commitment to Surfside Playhouse’s mission and vision
- Oversee, coordinate, and implement fundraising activities including fundraising events, major giving, grants, direct mail appeals, digital giving opportunities, endowment, capital campaigns and corporate fundraising
- Analyze current funding sources; develop goals, strategy, and a comprehensive fundraising plan that emphasizes and leverages diverse funding resources to meet ongoing operational funding needs
- Organize a systematic approach in the identification and solicitation of prospective donors: individual, small business, community, corporate
- Continuously improve all aspects of fundraising activities and lead the development of new funding streams, i.e., growing new major donors, increasing monthly donors, developing a comprehensive planned giving program, etc.
- Initiate, develop and maintain relationships with key stake holders, foundations, corporations, and other partners
- Lead the development and execution of donor management practices that include donor cultivation, relations, engagement, retention, recognition, reporting, matching gifts, etc.
- Assist in developing event timelines and checklists
- Prepare monthly, quarterly, and annual development reports
- Develop grant calendar and track grant deadlines
- Develop relationships with potential grantors; work with grant writers to develop grants based on these relationships
- Work in close collaboration with Public Relations Committee Chair to develop funding opportunity materials, web pages, electronic and print newsletters, social media and marketing plan to support fundraising efforts
- Compose compelling and persuasive grant proposals and associated budgets
- Develop materials and communications i.e., press releases, sponsorship packets, etc.
- Work with the Public Relations committee in setting strategic goals and plans that help support development efforts
- Perform other related work as required
- Excellent interpersonal skills – ability to build and maintain relationships with community members and donors of different ethnicities, backgrounds, and faith
- Two years of progressively responsible experience in business or non-profit fundraising, including successful grant writing experience
- Excellent verbal, written communication, analytical, interpersonal, and organizational skills; ability to provide leadership and to work collaboratively in a team environment
- Detailed oriented and self-directed with effective time management and organizational skills, with the ability to multi-task, plan, meet deadlines and work with minimal guidance
- Experience with developing and maintaining productive working relationships with volunteers, board members and donors
- Proficient with Microsoft Office (Word, Publisher, Excel, PowerPoint); Constant Contact software; Email, Facebook, Twitter, and Web browser software.
- Demonstrated computer skills, graphic design, WordPress and CRM database experience preferred
- Working knowledge of all applicable federal, state, and local laws affecting the fund-raising function.
- Professional appearance and demeanor required
- Experience in developing and executing fundraising and/or communications strategies and measurable results
- Flexibility to work occasional nights and weekends
- Must have a valid driver’s license and be able to travel throughout Brevard County
- Reports to the Chair of the Public Relations Committee
- Works collaboratively Administrative Secretary
Salary and Benefits:
- Flexible schedule
- Work remotely
- Surfside Playhouse is an equal opportunity employer
Submit a letter of interest and resume to:
Interviews for qualified candidates will be scheduled following application reviews. Include best contact information in submittal.